Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Caged Animal

Okay, it's not like I have anywhere to go. But the fact that Jeff has my car and is out of town with it for the entire evening, I feel like I'm stuck at home. A caged animal.

How sad is that?!

I'm not sure if I feel like I've lost a bit of freedom. You know, I can't just jump in my car and go wherever I want to go whenever I want to go there like I did before there was a second driver in my home. OR maybe I'm jealous of the boy for actually having plans tonight? Or perhaps I don't like giving up my still-not-paid-for car to my not-so-reliable 18-year-old?

Jeff has only had his license since the middle of October, about seven months. And for 3-4 months of that, he couldn't drive due to issues with insurance and that reckless driving ticket that ultimately never materialized. So, this sharing MY car thing is still fairly new for us. Hey, that's gotta be it... I'm just not that good at sharing.

But I'm the one who puts gas in it. I'm the one who washes it. I'm the one who pays for it. But HE'S the one who rides around with the loud music and the windows down and looks cool in front of all of his friends.

Ahhh, maybe I'm just feeling old.

Motherhood is a fairly selfless role in life. And though I don't always feel like I'm successfully pulling off 'selfless', my halo is definitely slipping.


1 comment:

Christy said...

Well I personally think you are a WONDERFUL mom!