Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hump Day

This turned out to be a pretty good day, considering the headcold.

I woke up with a scratchy throat, a headache, conjestion, and feeling totally exhausted. I just wanted to stay in bed. I hate to get sick on travel. At least I didn't have to get into a plane. But still, I didn't have any meds on me and really, I just wanted to go back to bed.

Even though the agenda said that I was to give my presentation at 12:30pm, I was first up. I'm not one to get all nervous when I have to speak in front of a group. I can talk anytime, anywhere, to anyone about anything. Public speaking does not bother me in the least. Really. But today, I was NOT in the mood.


Lucky for me, it turned out pretty well. I was on the agenda for two whole hours and used up every minute of it. I got lots of questions and some good feedback...and several action items to take back to the office with me. But still, I was happy that it went well and that it was OVER. I could spend the rest of the day sitting and simply taking notes on what others were presenting.

After work, we decided to go the the
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I wasn't feeling 100%, but this was the only night of the week that it was open past 5pm. And we didn't want to come to Cleveland without stopping by, so we went. It was really cool, though I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more had I felt a little better.

We finished the night by having a late dinner. We went to the Waterstreet Grill. It was wonderful! I strongly suggest it if you're going to be in the Warehouse district of Cleveland. I had the lobster macaroni. Yum!

No comments: