Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I've Been Tagged

I have been tagged by my friend Christy to tell you six random facts about myself. Most people who know me well, probably know these things.

1. I can solve a Rubik's Cube. I learned when I was about 12 by reading a little paperback book. And for some strange reason, I've never forgotten. It makes for interesting entertainment at really boring parties.


2. I can sing. I sing alto. I love being an alto. I can harmonize to almost anything. And once I learn the alto part to something, I rarely ever forget it. Hmmm, two in a row that have to do with memory.

3. I have never been drunk. Ever. I didn't even try an alcoholic beverage before I was 21. And I've never tried an illegal drug. You know what that means? I haven't unnecessarily killed off any brain cells. : ) Maybe that explains my really good memory.

4. I have a fear of swinging. I used to love to swing when I was a kid. I don't know what changed...or even when it changed. But I absolutely, positively HATE to hear swings creaking, metal on metal, rubbing back and forth and back and forth. I just think that eventually any material would wear thin and break after that kind of constant pressure. So, I avoid it. Always.

5. I am a daughter, a sister to two brothers and two sisters, a single-mother to one son, an aunt to one niece and two nephews, a veteran of 6 1/2 years, a Christian for life, an aspiring writer, a cat person, an impatient driver, a bad sleeper, and an intelligent, independent woman...not necessarily in that order.

6. And lastly, my hair and nails grow really fast...whether I like it or not.

I'm supposed to tag six people that blog, to ask them to do this same thing. Unfortunately, I don't know six people that blog. Most of the blogs I follow aren't personal blogs. But I'll tag Lacy and Sara. One of which MAY do this, though she's really busy. The other one probably won't even know she's been mentioned.
PS - Thanks to Christy and Lauren for introducing me to my homemade signature.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I can't figure out how to keep it on there though, the signature that is. I just copy and paste to every one. I must have killed off too many brain cells!! Love ya!!