Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Server Is Down

I went to work today for five hours. And I took Jeff with me. The plan was for him to test all scanners and then pack them for shipment, while I worked on the documentation that's associated to this month's sub-release.

Unfortunately, our test server was down. So, I didn't get to work on that at all. Jeff still helped test the scanners. I connected them into the system, ensured that the data uploaded okay, and then packaged them up. So, it's not like the day was a total bust. But my main reason for going in was to work on a document that I expected to take 4-6 hours. I didn't get to do that.

Even more unfortunate, this documentation needs to be done by Monday. So, I'll likely be working tomorrow as well. That means I'll be missing yet another Colts game. I know they're not having a great season, but I still like watching them play.

Anyway... On the way home from work, I had this very strange, very STRONG feeling of fear come over me. It was so strong, it brought me to tears. Jeff was driving and thinks I just fell asleep and had a bad dream. I don't think I was sleeping. But I'm telling you, I had this heavy sense of foreboding that really upset me. I felt like something bad had happened. Finally, Jeff suggested that I call my parents to see if anything happened that might justify my feelings. But no, nothing.

I still can't explain it. I have no idea what initiated that feeling OR what made it ultimately go away. But I feel much better today. I honestly hope the feeling didn't mean anything. And I hope it doesn't happen again any time soon.

No comments: