Saturday, October 25, 2008

Two Weeks and One Day

That's how long Jeff had a driver's license before getting his first ticket.

Speeding? No.

Failure to wear a seatbelt? No.

His ticket is for Reckless Driving - Passing on a Hill.

Jeff attempted to go around a horse and buggy while going up a hill. As he crested the hill, he was nose-to-nose with a Ford Bronco. In order to avoid harming the Amish family, they both veared off the same side of the road. Jeff did no damange to my car, but the other guy ran his vehicle into a fence post.

Needless to say, it was all Jeff's fault for going left of center into on-coming traffic on a hill. Reckless driving.

I'm supposed to get a copy of the citation and police report to my insurance agent on Monday. I'll call them, but I'll be in a car for 7+ hours on my way to Cleveland for work. So, it might be difficult to get them the paperwork. It's likely Jeff will have a court date in the near future...that I'll have to take off work to attend. And I'm sure my insurance rates will go up even more than they did when I added Jeff as a driver on my policy.

All in all, I'm not a happy camper. And Jeff doesn't understand why he's grounded.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Man!! Hang in there girl!!