- My favorite TV shows are House and Numb3rs.
- The first time I was ever on a commercial airplane was when I went to basic training. Since then, I've flown 19 more times. That's an average of one trip per year. Though most of them have occurred in the last five years. And only a couple of them were personal trips; the majority of them were for work.
- I am living in the house that my grandmother owned the whole time I was growing up. BTW, I HATE living across the street from the high school.
- I make my own greeting cards using card stock and rubber stamps.
- I have been in 28 different states plus Washington DC. But I've never been out of the country.
- I was in the Air Force for 6 1/2 years, stationed at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs for almost all of it.
- I have been inside Cheyenne Mountain, NORAD. I was a defense contractor, working as a software tester for one of the satellite communications systems.
- My favorite color is deep purple. I also like jewel tones: evergreen, maroon, midnight blue. I do NOT like pastels or fluorescent colors.
- I got my BS in Information Systems from Regis University in Colorado. I attended one of their Schools for Professional Studies in Colorado Springs. (That means that most of us worked a full-time job and went to school at night.)
- I have an 18-year-old son, Jeff. I've been a single parent since before he was two.
- My nails grow really fast. So does my hair, though my hair isn't as thick anymore.
- I have a cat named Linus. His 'real' name is Linus Felinus PITA Unnerwoo. Felinus is pronounced feline-us (or fee-Linus). PITA stands for Pain in the A$$. And Unnerwoo is my son's last name without the D's.
- I love to sing and usually sing alto. Sometimes when singing along with the radio, I sing the harmony part.
- I can still solve a Rubik's cube. I learned by reading a paperback book when I was around 12. My brain just never forgot that piece of information.
- I love to write and want to be a published author. I'd rather write novels/fiction than freelance articles.
- My favorite words are joy, peace, faith, grace, and hope.
- While in the Air Force, I had brunch with Barry Goldwater (and several other people). He was instrumental in making the Air Force Academy come into being. So, he was there at the unveiling of the Visitor's Center, which bears his name.
- I have a secret blog where I vent about things that I don't want to REALLY share with the people I love.
- I am the second of five children and oldest daughter in my family.
- The last time I was in love, I lived in Colorado. Actually, I'm pretty sure that I have only been in love once. It wasn't with the man I married. And unfortunately, I've lost touch with him.
- I love to drive and sing. When I'm depressed or overwhelmed, sometimes I drive to a neighboring state.
- My favorite bible verse is James 1:2-3 "Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials. For it is the testing of your faith that produces perseverance." My interpretation... It's all good. I say it ALL the time.
- I LOVE sitting on my front porch during thunderstorms. I love the sound. It's so peaceful and relaxing to me.
- I collect nativity scenes and have more than 30 of them.
- I am a HUGE football fan. I cheer for the Colts, all of the Big Ten teams, and the Air Force Falcons...and anyone playing one of the Florida teams!
Friday, February 6, 2009
25 Random Things about Me
Okay, my FaceBook friends may have already read this. But I'm tired and am not feeling all that creative. So, I'm recycling. I did add some details though. Enjoy... 25 random things about me!