Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ironic Conversation of the Day

***names have been kinda-sorta changed to protect the not-so-innocent***

It's not that I was actively eavesdropping. But I work in a room full of cubicles. There's simply no way to avoid hearing each other's conversations. Even when folks are whispering so as not to be disruptive, they're heard by their immediate neighbors. That is the case in this very ironic conversation I just heard.

Two of my co-workers also go to school in the evening. They are discussing their current classes. I didn't hear what Betsy said she was taking. But in response.

Jenn: Oh, yeah, I had to take Old and New Testament. Ugh!

Betsy: Thank GOD I didn't have to take anything like that!

I said a little prayer for both of them and decided it would make a good blog post.

Just smile and say a prayer for anyone who has to begrudgingly take a religious course (and obviously get nothing out of it) and for those people who don't and consider themselves lucky. Amen.


No comments: