Monday, February 2, 2009

For your enjoyment

First I have to say, WHAT A GAME! Appreciation goes to the Arizona Cardinals for making it an exciting game. And congratulations goes to the Pittsburgh Steelers for winning the big one. I wasn't impressed with that many of the commercials. But hey, I actually watch to see the GAME.

I was going to write about my struggles getting a CAC badge and how useless one feels without it. I also considered telling you about the book I'm reading right now. I will probably cover both before the end of the week. But instead, today I want to introduce you to a couple of my new favorite blogs.

I joined a website a few months ago called
The Secret Is in the Sauce. It's a website dedicated to Sitstahood! They are a group of bloggers dedicated to supporting one another by visiting each other's blogs and leaving comments. I have found a couple of blogs in the last few days that I am absolutely in love with.

First, there's Liz at
A Mom on Spin. She inspired me because she wrote this particular post Take From Me My Lace, as if it were fiction...any maybe it is...or maybe it isn't. It's hard to tell really. But it's good. It's intriguing and VERY well-written. I strongly suggest it. Just for a taste of her sense of humor, this is how she describes her family...

THE AGITATORS
Daughter Number One arrived in the breech position five weeks early, just in time to sit in on her parents' first anniversary dinner. This daughter still loves a party and doesn't always know which end is up.

After months of careful planning (and three cycles of fertility treatments) Daughter Number Two (a.k.a. "Trigger Finger Girl") arrived by C-section four weeks early due to pregnancy-induced hypertension. This daughter still needs to be prodded along and fights a daily battle with my blood pressure.

Daughter Number Three (a.k.a. Ponzi or Permit Girl) was delivered by C-section just seventeen months later (and three weeks early) due to "non-productive" labor. This particular daughter has made it her life's mission to make up for the "non-productive" part.

HER "BETTER" HALF
My husband doesn't sweat the small stuff. In contrast to my Spin Cycle, you might say my husband subscribes to the Drip Dry Method.



And then there's Anna at
Life Just Keeps Getting Weirder. Anna is a stand-up comic and let me tell you, she's hilarious! I laughed at this post on PMS so hard, I had to stop reading twice because I couldn't SEE through my own tears. Hilarious! 'Nuff said.

I hope you take a moment to visit Liz and Anna. If you need a laugh, you can't go wrong. If you want to visit them again in the future, you'll see I've added them to My Favorite Blogs, filed under FUN.

1 comment:

Aunt Spicy said...

Hi, what a fun blog! Thanks for visiting mine, its great that there are so many supportive bloggers in the world! Thanks!