Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Four silly, insignificant things to share

After my last couple of posts, I thought a little levity was in order.

First of all, yesterday was my 200th post to this blog. I have five other blogs, so my cumulative number of posts is 403...including this one. I know you only see three blogs (Scripted Notions, Inspiration Emails, and This Morning's Dream). But I also have one for my Weight-Loss Journal. I don't publicize it. But by doing it in a blog, I can update it from anywhere at any time. I also have a Blog called The Commuters, where I was attempting to write a book via blog. I thought it would be a good idea because then I wouldn't have to worry about losing it if my PC crashed. But it's not the easiest way to organize my thoughts since the blog entries are in reverse order. I don't know...I may try it again sometime. And then I have my secret journal blog. It's where I really vent, mostly about me, things that might make others uncomfortable, like how I really feel when depressed or what my greatest fears are.

But I digress...my first silly, insignificant thing to share is that yesterday I hit 200 posts on this blog. WooHoo!

My second silly, insignificant thing to share is that I have a favorite pen. I do. I know it's silly. But every time I go into Wal-Mart, I go to the school and office supplies section and get a package of my favorite pens. While reading "Writing Down the Bones", the author suggested getting a good pen, one that moved smoothly over the paper. I found mine. It's inexpensive and comfortable in my hand. The Bic Atlantis, in black.

My third silly, insignificant thing is that not only do I consider my car my studio (if I'm driving, I'm probably singing), but my passenger seat is also a desk. My passenger seat desk never looks this good! My 'filing system' really frustrates my son when he tries to sit there. But I stack anything and everything in my passenger seat. Then when J gets in, he throws it all to the backseat. Today, my backseat is a disaster area. I still have a couple of boxes of things from when I packed up my previous office and never moved them into my new office. And I have a few (that's a polite was of saying, I have no clue how many) stacks of things (mail, notebooks, fliers, etc.) that Jeff relocated from my 'desk' to the back seat. And then of course my coat is back there. I rarely wear a coat. When folks ask me where it is when it's only 17 degrees, I inevitably say, "It's in the backseat of my car." Tonight, I am cleaning out my car, desk and all!

My fourth silly, insignificant thing to share is that I have an unnecessary indulgence (is that redundant?). And it used to be somewhat spontaneous. But after picking this up so many times, it can hardly be considered incidental; it's practically become part of my shopping list. For no reason at all, I check out the latest fingernail polish colors, choose one I don't have (or never considered wearing before), and buy it. Then pretty much as soon as I get home, I polish my nails. It's like playing with a new toy. I don't know why I so enjoy this little luxury so much. If it were more expensive, I'd refer to it as an extravagance. Lucky for me, my fix is relatively cheap and easy to find.


2 comments:

Cissy Apple said...

Well, I'm glad to know you like nail polish. I have a whole Caboodle full that I need to give to someone. I'm sure some are dried up, but most are fine. They just need a good shaking.

I can't wear polish. I have very thin nails to begin with, and polish just tears up what little I have.

Molly Anne said...

Okay the pen thing is not silly. I totally have a favorite pen! The Pentel RSVP, fine point, black ink. I loves it.
Although I may have to give yours a try, just for fun! :)

And I am also a nail polish fiend. Doesn't matter how many I have at home, I have to check out all the shiny bottles anyway!

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day!