Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Donation Request Letter

For the last six years, I have been on a Relay for Life team in my home town. For the last three years (maybe four), I have sent a donation request letter to my friends and relatives. My intention is to simply let them know that I'm raising money and I'm asking for their support. If they choose not to give at this time through me, they don't even have to respond. And if they do opt to make a donation, they can give in even the smallest amount. This is the letter that I send.



From the Desk of Leslie Doyle
[my address] [my phone] [my email address]

Friends and Family,


Once again, I am writing this letter to request your support for Relay for Life, which supports cancer research. I have friends that have beaten cancer and are survivors, but I’ve also lost friends to cancer. Last year, with your help, I raised almost $1,000 for my team! I want to continue to do my part to do that again. Cancer is a horrible disease that can attack anyone… anywhere. And we just never know who the next victim is going to be.

I believe that most donations are never realized because the question is never asked. So, I’m asking. I’m asking you to support me and my team and the Martin County Relay for Life by making a donation. It’s going to take more than one person to knock out cancer. It takes a team. We have a team of coordinators organizing the event. We have several teams that are coming out to walk and showing their support by gathering donations. And I need a team of friends and family to help me do the same thing.

I am sending out more than 100 of these letters. If everyone that receives it donates only $10, I will have raised well over $1,000 for Relay for Life. If we all work together, we can help to stop cancer before it stops another person that we love.

Will you help me? If you’d like to help, use the return envelope and send a check made out to American Cancer Society by March 31st. If you would like a receipt for tax purposes, let me know and I’ll mail one to you right away. I want to thank you in advance for all your support, whether in time, money, or prayer. I believe that together we can make a difference. God bless you and yours.



Sincerely,


No comments: