Friday, February 20, 2009

40 X 40 - #22 Paint a picture and hang it in my home.

I haven't defined any of my 40 X 40 goals in awhile. So, I read through the list again. One, to see if there was something I could tackle today/this week/this month. And two, to see what I could write a post about.

I know that God gives me talents. I can sing. I have a great memory. I can parallel park. And I give great hugs. But I have always wanted to draw or paint.

So, one of my 40 X 40 goals is to paint a picture and hang it in my home. I'm not sure what kind of painting I'll do. Maybe oils, maybe watercolor, maybe acrylic. (Like I know what any of that REALLY means!) I should really get some instruction from my cousin, Cassie. SHE'S AN AMAZING ARTIST!

But one thing is for sure. My painting won't be of a 'thing', because I can't draw a 'thing'. You wouldn't recognize it if I tried anyway. So, it'll have to be an abstract painting.

I could actually do this one now, I suppose. Decide on the colors, buy the supplies, and cover everything in the room with a drop-cloth before beginning. But I'd like to wait until I've redecorated my living room, since that's where I'd like to hang the picture... unless of course it's really ugly. Then it'll be hanging in the bathroom linen closet.

2 comments:

Anna Lefler said...

OMG, that's terrific - GO FOR IT! I'd love to have artistic talent, too...I think it's great you're going to make that a goal.

Can't wait to see the end result!

:^) Anna

Hccm said...

Day 2 of the Where’s Wenda? Contest is here. Today, I am visiting all of the SITStas that commented on Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha. That means you! Thanks so much for stopping by and for being a great SISta! -Wenda