Saturday, July 4, 2009

Another Loss

Steve McNair, former Tennessee Titans quarterback (and Baltimore Ravens...but he'll always be a Titan to me) was found dead with a gunshot wound to the head today. A woman, not McNair's wife, was also shot to death. No other details are currently available about the issue. He was 36 years old and retired from the NFL only 15 months ago. While at Tennessee, McNair and the Titans were one of the biggest hurdles for my Colts.


McNair played in the NFL for 13 years, 11 of those in Tennessee. He was the co-MVP (with Peyton Manning) in 2003. He was voted into the ProBowl four times. He has the most wins in Titans/Oilers history. He was inducted into both the Titans/Oilers Hall of Fame and the newly-created Ring of Honor during half-time of the Colts - Titans game last October. He led the Titans to their first ever SuperBowl in '99.


Speaking of football... I love the Big Ten Network. I am watching the Wisconsin - Michigan game from September 27, 2008. GREAT game! When I started watching it, Wisconsin was up by 12 with only the fourth quarter yet to play. Since then, Michigan scored a touchdown after a great drive. THEN they intercepted the ball and scored another touchdown. In less than four minutes, they've taken the lead. I love football! Keeping me entertained until the 2009 season starts.

No comments: