Friday, July 17, 2009

My First Pedicure

I had a first today. I am 38 year old and today, this afternoon, I had my very first pedicure ever. And let me tell you what an absolute indulgence this was.


Wendy, the lady responsible for my newly painted nails... both finger and toe, had me sit in this comfortable chair that gave me a really nice back massage.


Then, my feet were pampered more than they've been in YEARS. They were dipped into warm, sudsy water with those water jets that caressed my feet and calves. Ahhhh. That alone was simply lovely.


Then after a bit of trimming and filing and cuticle removing, Wendy gave me the most amazing massage from the knees down with the softest, most luxurious lotion I've ever felt.


Then Wendy painted my toenails a gorgeous glittery reddish pink color. I think it was called Hot Tamale. It's not exactly the color I thought I was getting. But it's growing on me.


THEN I got these really sexy, disposable flip-flop type slippers. In pink! These allowed me to walk away from the oh-so-lovely massage chair and foot spa so that I could get to the table where my fingernails were going to be done to match my toenails.


I'm telling you, I feel so...girlie.


No comments: