Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Update on the Boy

You may want to read the blog entry below this one first.

Well, he's been found. 22 hours after I last heard from him, I get a call from him. He said that he was hanging out with a friend (that I don't know, never even heard of before) until late. Sometime during the evening, they decided to get up early and go looking for work outside of Loogootee. Since they were getting up early, he decided to stay at his friend's house. They've spent all day looking for jobs at the coal mines. (What kind of skills does Jeff think he has that qualify him to work at a coal mine...for all of 5 1/2 weeks?!)

I asked him why he didn't think to call me. He said that he called twice last night, but chose not to leave a message. I had no missed calls on my cell phone...and the situation definitely warranted a voicemail message.


I told him that I was worried sick about him and had talked to most of his friends looking for him all day. He said that he didn't think I'd care where he was, what he was doing, or who he was with. I'm like, what on earth gave you that impression?!


I asked him if he realized how inconsiderate his decision was. He paused for a bit and said yes. But I think he said that only because he knew I thought he should. I don't think he realizes how much I worried about him today.


How many times do I have to prove to this kid that I love him?


I am truly thankful that Jeff is fine. God, thank You for taking care of my son.
But I am so angry and frustrated that he didn't think enough of me and my feelings for him to let me know that he'd be gone for a whole day. So God, if You could knock some sense into him, I'd appreciate it.


No comments: