Thursday, July 2, 2009

Do you know what I did today?


I walked another two miles!


I did a few other things too. Much of it was work-related; no need to rehash it here. But I did do something that I want to revisit everyday. I wrote an affirmation...something positive that I'll read every day to keep me motivated about my goals. It goes like this...


You are intelligent, healthy, capable, caring, witty, and full of life. God has given you everything you need to fulfill His plan for you. Tap into His strength and fulfill His glory every day. Look and feel amazing by taking better care of your body. Be more active; eat for nourishment and energy, not for comfort. Take care of the gifts that God has blessed you with, especially your son and your home. Appreciate them for the gifts that they are and treat them accordingly. Live within your means and be more responsible with your money. Be generous with gifts of time, talent, and money. Write something worthy of publication by practicing your craft regularly. Read more. Sleep more. Love more. Learn more. Don't speak as often and listen more. Keep your heart and mind open to the experiences and relationships that God has in store for you. Be a hard worker in everything you do. Watch your words so as not to hurt others. Stay in His Word. Live in His Light. And have a pure heart.

1 comment:

Christy said...

So good Les! I like your hair by the way! Meant to tell you that but we don't get much time to talk at the gate!!