Monday, July 6, 2009

Positive Words

If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got. So, if you want something you've never had, you've got to do something you've never done. I don't know who said it, but it makes perfect sense to me.

I have added a widget on the side of this blog called the Motivational Quote of the Day. I'm trying to stay motivated with my goals and routines and thought it wouldn't hurt to read something positive every day. I've even taken to writing some of them down and reading them throughout the day.

By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be.
-- Mark Victor Hansen

Desire is the starting point of all achievement; not hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything.
-- Napoleon Hill

"I can't do it" never yet accomplished anything; "I'll try" has performed wonders.
-- George P. Burnham

Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.
-- Foster C. McClellan

The discipline you learn and the character you build from setting and achieving a goal can be more valuable than the achievement of the goal itself. -- Bo Bennett

By the way, 20 years ago today, I started Air Force Basic Training. Wow! Where have the years gone?!

No comments: