Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Self-Discipline

The NaBloPoMo theme for the month of July is ROUTINE. I am trying to establish a routine that will reward me with positive results. Nothing fancy, nothing spectacular. But things I should have been doing all along. (Walking regularly. Writing MUCH more often. Reading my bible daily.) I simply haven't committed to a routine that would bring about the positive change I want to realize in my life.

Well, I am finally motivated. I don't know why now. But with a bit of self-discipline, we'll see what kind of change I can muster.

As affirmation, I had this on my daily calendar, "Truth for Today" by John MacArthur...

Excessive preoccupations have become the marks of our shallow, amoral, and often immoral society.... President Theodore Roosevelt essentially predicted those results when he said that prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich theory of life would eventually destroy America. One sure antidote to such a lifestyle is the self-discipline evidenced in the genuine Christian life. Your spiritual guidance and power come from the Lord, but you need self-discipline if He is to work effectively through you.

Step one... Today, I walked two miles after dinner. Yea, me!


No comments: