Sunday, July 5, 2009

With my lottery winnings...

Okay, I have to start this with, "No, I didn't win the lottery." But after a recent conversation with a friend, I thought I'd share what I told him I'd do if I won the lottery at this particular point in my life.

First, 10% off the top to church and charity. My 'friend' didn't believe that anyone would ever do this. I assure you, I would.

Second, I'd pay off all my debt... house, car, and hospital bills. Every cent.

Third, I'd replace my home. I'm not sure what all I'd have to do to sell my current home, (maybe I'd just have it raised!) but I'd definitely be purchasing another one. NO WHERE NEAR A SCHOOL. If I stayed in L'tee, I'd live off a beaten path somewhere. If I move to a city, I want to live in a high-rise apartment. I know, crazy talk. But to be completely honest with you, I'd prefer the latter. Perhaps one day I'll tell you why.

Fourth, I'd replace my car. I miss my Impala. The Grand Prix just doesn't do it for me. So, I think I'd get another one. I'm sure J wouldn't mind driving the Catmobile.

Fifth, I'd throw a big ol' party for all my friends and family, with prizes and everything. Good food, entertainment, and lots of fun! It would be a grand old time!

I don't know if I'd keep working or not. I guess it depends on how much I won. I probably would, because I can't imagine keeping productive otherwise. But hey, it sure would free up some time to finish my writing course...and better yet, a book or two...or ten!

But that's just dreaming. Not even, more like rambling, blabbering. Like I said, crazy talk. But it's usually how I start creating a new character in one of my books.
...a 30-something, single woman moves from a two-horse town where she owned a small cottage-style home, to down-town Chicago to take up residence in a 80-floor high rise apartment, decorated in subtle, but
classic contemporary beiges and browns. She seems friendly enough to her neighbors. But there's something mysterious about this Impala-driving, seemingly unemployed, recluse. Who is she? And where did she come from? Stay tuned for next week's episode of...


1 comment:

D Herrod said...

Found you from NaBloMoPo. Liked your post and wanted to check out your blog.