Thursday, August 14, 2008

I miss the gym!

The last time I went to the gym was exactly two weeks ago tomorrow. I'm going to try to go back...tomorrow. I have really missed it. I was on such a roll too.

I'm still not completely over the bronchitis. But I can talk now without coughing...most of the time. And today, I didn't take the elevator even once. I climbed the stairs and didn't have a hacking episode at the top. Another positive note, when I DO cough, I'm able to control it better. It's not the never-ending, wracking experience it was previously. I think those are all good signs that I'm finally on the mend.

So, I'm heading back to the gym. I'll take it slowly. No weights, just the treadmill. And I won't push it there either. No hills, no resistance. Just a steady, relatively slow pace. I just need to get back into the habit of getting to the gym five days a week.

I just hope I don't get five minutes into my walk and have to stop because I can't breathe between coughs.

No comments: