Thursday, August 21, 2008

Who's Your Daddy?

I had a conversation today with one of my co-workers that led me to this insight.

The devil most likely hates me. There is absolutely nothing I could ever do or say that would please him. That's how much he hates me. Even if I wanted to be mean and nasty all the time, he'd never be satisfied with me. He'd never love me. He only wants to use me to wreak havoc. So, why should I do anything to please him?

On the other hand, the RIGHT hand, there's absolutely nothing I could ever do or say that would make Jesus forsake me. That's how much He loves me. No matter how often I screw up or sin against Him, He'll always forgive me. His mercy and love are unending. So, why wouldn't I do everything I could to please Him?

This is not a new revelation for me. But it bears repeating. Don't you think?

No comments: