Thursday, August 7, 2008

Music from the Heart

You'll have to pause the player on this site in order to hear the two songs associated with this post. But I hope you choose to do that. I also hope you listen to all of both songs. They're really important to me.

Music often speaks to me. And sometimes, it speaks FOR me. It conveys emotions that are sometimes difficult to put into words. These two songs have touched my heart because they were introduced to me at the exact moments in my life that I needed them.

The first song is called "He's My Son" by Mark Schultz. It was written for a man whose son was dying of cancer. Jeff has never been dying of cancer, but at one point he was being pulled by some pretty negative forces. I know I cried many, many hours, pleading with God to give me the wisdom, the patience, and the words to effect change in Jeff's heart.

Can You hear me?
Am I getting through tonight?
Can You see him?
Can You make him feel all right?
If You can hear me,
Let me take his place some how.
See, he's not just anyone.
He's my son.

The second song is called "Find Your Wings" by Mark Harris. It's what every parent prays for their child. You'll immediately feel the pull of different heartstrings with this song. And it's a perfect depiction of how far Jeff has come...how far WE have come...in two short years.

I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage
To dare to do great things.
I'm here for you whatever this life brings.
So let my love give you roots
And help you find your wings.

I hope you enjoy the music. I know that I do.



No comments: