Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What a day!

My day at the office is best described as 'I was too sick to be that busy and too busy to be that sick.' Needless to say, I didn't effectively accomplish a whole lot of anything. Busy as I felt, it was kind of a waste of time. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Jeff drove to his driver's ed. class tonight. He decided he was afraid to drive on the highway, so he took the back roads. My car now looks like it was bathed in mud! Unbelievable! He promised me he'd wash it. Yeah, right. He told me he'd mow my lawn a week ago and he still hasn't done that either. I'm not holding my breath.

While Jeff was at class, I went to the QuickCare Clinic. It's official; I have bronchitis. I've never been diagnosed with bronchitis before. But it explains the chest pain and nagging deep cough. The doctor gave me an antibiotic, in case it was bacterial. I'm also supposed to get lots of rest, drink lots of fluids, and take something over-the-counter for the cough. If I get chills, high fevers, or uncontrollable coughing, I'm supposed to call my regular doctor.

You know what that means? Time for bed! I've been looking forward to this moment ALL DAY LONG. (exhale)

4 comments:

Christy said...

Go to bed and stay there!!!!

The Jeffers Clan said...

I hope you get feeling better! Tell Jeff...HE NEEDS TO WASH YOUR POOR CAR

Leslie said...

I have one document that I HAVE to finish here today. I already told my boss that I plan to finish it today and CALL IN SICK TOMORROW! So, I promise to go to bed tonight and stay there like 24 hours.

Leslie said...

Thanks, Lacy! And don't worry, I will (tell Jeff to wash the car). I even pulled it out of the carport to let the rain wash a lot of the mud off of it last night. but it still needs a bath. And tonight? We're taking the highway!