Monday, August 11, 2008

Women of Purpose

My Monday night bible study group is using the book Becoming Women of Purpose. The first chapter was all about how we were created for a purpose. We are each unique and God made us exactly how He wanted us and needed us to be.

This week, we discussed how we are saved for a purpose. We read about how God created Adam and Eve and the entire human race in order to have a relationship with us. But early on, Adam and Eve nearly ruined it for all of us. But God had a plan for restoring that relationship. Our responsibility as Women of Purpose is to enter into a RIGHT relationship with the One who created us.

I love my Monday night bible study. One week, we talked about being children of God...COGs. I like that. So my COGs are pretty important to me. I can laugh with them and cry with them. They say the most encouraging things to me. And free hugs all over the place. Just a neat group of women. When I miss a Monday with them, I feel like I've missed SO much.

Tonight, in learning all about being saved for a purpose, we read Ephesians 1:3-14. This is where God's plan for our salvation is fully explained. We read things like...
  • we are PREDESTINED for HIS ADOPTION

  • we are CREATED for the PRAISE of HIS GLORY

  • we EXIST so that we should be HOLY and WITHOUT BLEMISH before HIM

  • we have REDEMPTION through HIS BLOOD

  • we gain RICHES though HIS GRACE

  • we are BLESSED with EVERY SPIRITUAL BLESSING out of HEAVEN

All of that and so much more, just for being his precious daughter. Wow, what a deal! I am so blessed.

2 comments:

The Jeffers Clan said...

Thank you thank you thank you Leslie. I'm so glad you shared this tonight. I think it was almost just for me. I had been thinking all night what you guys went over and I was glad to see a little of it. I didn't have a babysitter and my dad came down to have dinner with all of us since my brother-in-law is leaving for Iraq on Friday. Didn't want to miss an evening with my dad of whom I don't get to see too often. Thank you so much for sharing. I miss you guys!

Leslie said...

You are so welcome, my COG friend! I missed last week and I know exactly what you're feeling. But I'm sure you needed this time with family. Especially since you don't see your dad that often and because your brother-in-law is leaving for Iraq. But know that we missed you! I look forward to seeing you next week. : )