Saturday, August 9, 2008

I'm not going to get better...

...if I don't take better care of myself.

Nearly a week ago, I was diagnosed with bronchitis. The doctor gave me an antibiotic, in the event that it was bacterial. Otherwise, she told me to drink plenty of fluids and get lots of rest.

Have I done that? Ugh! No. And boy do I regret it.

Instead, after working all of last weekend, I worked every day this week. After work each day, I drove Jeff to his drivers' ed class Monday through Thursday. In addition to 2 1/2 hours of class work four nights a week, he has to drive for the instructor for six one-hour shifts. We signed up for the first two on Saturday and Sunday this weekend. So, last night, Friday, was supposed to be the only night that I didn't have to go ANYWHERE.

I was so excited to come home after work and just crash. But did that happen? Ugh! No.

Weeks ago, I promised Jeff that we'd made a trip to his former stomping grounds before school started so that he could see his girlfriend. We were actually going to go next weekend. But since Jeff is going on the Chrysalis retreat, he's not available next weekend. So, he asked me if we could go THIS weekend.

He asked me that sometime around 1pm Friday afternoon.

I tried for a few minutes to convince Jeff that I was really not up to a 3-hour drive after working an 8-hour day. He just kept reminding me that I promised to take him before school started. I KNOW I did, but I'm so sick and so tired.

Ultimately, I gave in. So, instead of crashing for the last 24 hours, I spent more than 400 miles in my car.

Jeff drove all the way down, all the way back, and most of the time we were there. Okay, I totally MISS driving my own car! But I digress.

The trip wasn't so bad. But I am absolutely exhausted. I can't get rid of this headache and I can't seem to stop coughing. It's hurting my chest, my throat, and my head. I've already taken meds. I'm just hoping it's enough to allow me to sleep.

Tomorrow, I sleep in. I intend to do nothing throughout the day except laundry and addressing some postcards. Mass at 4pm in Whitfield. Then Jeff has another hour of driving at 6pm. That means another week that I'll be missing my bible study. But it'll mean exactly 1/3 of Jeff's drivers' ed will be complete. Yea!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I told you to stay in bed!! I can make you not get on base you know!!!! lol

Leslie said...

I know, I know. You'll be happy to know that I stayed in bed most of today. But I don't feel much better. I'm seriously considering staying home tomorrow.