Monday, August 4, 2008

Update on the Baby Cat

Well…the baby cat died. I came home from work and Jeff told me where to find him. He was all sprawled out like he was sleeping peacefully…in Linus’ bed…the one he inherited from Bo…the same one Bo passed away in.

I have to admit, I felt absolutely horrible...so sad. I didn’t want the baby cat. But I didn’t wish him dead. I just wanted him to go to someone else’s house. So, I didn’t feed him, thinking that he’d go some place else to find food. Apparently he didn’t. I suppose it’s possible that he died from his illness. But it’s more likely that he died from malnutrition.

I wish I would have fed him.

It’s just that I didn’t want another cat. I didn’t think of him as my responsibility. So, I didn’t feed him. In fact, I went out of my way to ensure he didn’t get food at our house. I had Linus come inside to eat, which he normally only does in the dead of winter. I even chastised the baby cat every morning when I left for work that this wasn’t his house and he should go find a family that needed a baby cat.

I feel really bad. Next time I’ll make a different decision.

No comments: