Saturday, March 21, 2009

For Such a Time as This


Eph 2:10 "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago".


This (the title above) was the theme for the Walk to Emmaus weekend this weekend. There's also a song by the same name, by Wayne Watson. Their scripture is listed just under the picture. Speaking of... is that not the most beautiful picture you've ever seen? Who among us hasn't wanted to be at the foot of Jesus? It was done by Greg Olsen and is called 'Forgiven'.

I served dinner tonight. It was beautiful. It always is. I got to see my beautiful friend, Lacy. And I was surprised to see my friend Alicia. We've known for nearly a year that Lacy was going on the Walk, but I had no idea that I'd get to see Alicia. What a blessing that was! And there was another lady from my church there, Marjorie. She's 85 and is such a spark of life. Her daughters were there as well. So many friends went down to wish them all well. It was like half of our home town was there. It was a really good time.

No comments: