Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm a pseudo-knitter!

At one of our recent Relay for Life meetings, one of the ladies mentioned a fund-raising event that I wanted to help out with. She said that there is a basketball game at our local high school every year in January between the coaching staff and the players (either boys or girls, I can't remember which). Anyway, all proceeds go towards cancer research charities.

She suggested that we make pink and purple knitted hats to sell. We have nearly a year to be making these hats using the Knifty Knitter hoops. I think she got the idea from one of our elementary schools, where 80+ students and teaching assistants use their indoor recesses to
make hats for Hats of Love. The article is a couple of years old. But it's really kinda cool; you should check it out.

My point? I picked up my knitting hoops just a week ago, curious if I could actually do it. And I have already finished two hats! One is basic purple and has a brim so that it already looks like the end has been folded up. And the other is done is a variegated purple in a little heavier yarn. It doesn't have a brim, so it curls slightly at the ends. I think it needs a ball on top. Otherwise, I LOVE them. So, easy. And just TOO cute. I could make a couple dozen of them between now and January.

3 comments:

Christy said...

aren't you little miss susie homemaker??? lol Love Ya!!

Cissy Apple said...

You know I have everything under the sun...including pom-pom makers. I'll dig 'em up.

Lauren said...

i love the term "pseudo-knitter"