Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers' Day, Dad!

Some of my favorite pictures of my dad are when he's hanging out with my son. I know these are old, but they're some of my favorites. In this one, Grandpa is giving J a ride on the Deere. EVERY time we came back to Indiana, J couldn't WAIT until he got his ride on the Deere with Grandpa.

Jeff is only two weeks old on this day. My parents drove 20 hours in a row to get from Southern Indiana to Colorado Springs to see their first grandchild. Jeff was born one week after Desert Storm started...and my dad worked as a blocker/bracer for the Army at Crane...meaning he packed bombs and such. I'm sure it was quite a challenge for them to get five days off work in a row, but he did it.



In this picture, Jeff is around eight months old. I love how it looks like they're having a conversation here.

No comments: