Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Heroes - the television show

I have to admit, I've never one time seen this show. Before today, I couldn't tell you if it was still airing, what channel you'd find it on, what night or what time it aired. I had nothing. So, I looked it up.

Heroes
Well first, I found out that it's on NBC. And it's still airing because it's returning this fall. But it's on at a new time [who knew when the old time was?], Monday's at 8pm. [Yep, that would interfere with the current House schedule. Not gonna happen.]

I went out to the NBC/Heroes website, hoping to get a relatively concise summary of the show, it's history, and the characters. But after spending just five minutes out there, the site is HUGE.

Heroes fans are fanatics! They do it all. They Twitter updates. They have an all-access fan club. They can request an RSS feed so they can stay up to speed and not miss a thing. They can sign up to receive text alerts on their mobile phone. They can get information on every episode that ever happened, plus teasers on future episodes. They can play the Heroes iStory, whatever the heck that is. They can download pictures and wallpapers, and probably even ring-tones. They can take the Abilities Quiz and find out which hero they are most like. They can even visit Heroes Wiki, their very own Wikipedia-style site! And of course, they can shop for shirts and caps and other Heroes collectibles. And I'm sure I'm missing a thing or two...or TEN!

All that and I still don't know the names of the heroes and what their super powers are. But I do know that if I ever decide to be an avid Heroes watcher, I could totally catch up with everything Heroes...if I had 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and approximately 18.5 weeks to read everything on the official NBC/Heroes site.

No comments: