Monday, June 22, 2009

A Lost Day

I woke up this morning not feeling well. My throat hurt. I couldn't breathe through my nose. My head was KILLING me. SO much pressure. My ears were itchy. Have you ever tried to scratch the insides of your ears? I didn't put much time and effort into that little task as the noise only hurt my head even more. So, I took two NyQuil (because I only take them in pill form) and went back to bed...after calling in sick. Five hours later, I woke up again, got something to eat, and decided that it was time for more NyQuil. Another nap. I woke up again in time for a "House" rerun. I've spent the last couple of hours catching up with FB and email...slowly. Now I want to eat a few crackers, just to have something in my stomach, and then go to bed yet again. When I woke up at 8pm, I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink tonight after sleeping all day. But I'm no longer worried. My body is exhausted. Sore and slow. I really need to go to work tomorrow. Hopefully this last eight hours of sleep is exactly what I need to feel closer to 100%. Who am I kidding? I'd be thrilled to feel a decent 75%.

Oh, and I have to mention here, I had a nightmare today. I don't know how well others remember their dreams, but I tend to remember quite a bit about mine. Without going into much detail, I'll just say I had a 'romantic' dream about my ex-husband. Again! It's not the first time. Why can't I have these kinds of dreams where George Clooney is in the role of male lead? And WHY am I having these kinds of dreams about my ex?! Maybe it's the meds. Really, a nightmare. Ugh! I'd rather not remember the dream at all.

No comments: