Sunday, June 28, 2009

Quality Time with the Boy

As I mentioned yesterday, I had a flat tire. Today, I taught Jeff how to change a tire. So, now the flat is in the trunk and the biddy wheel is in the front left position. Jeff found the whole process somewhat frustrating. I personally liked the lesson. I gave the same tire-changing lesson to his dad 20 years ago. How's that for irony?

After changing the tire, we watched the USA vs. Brazil soccer game. The first half was GREAT. The second half...not so much. But our boys should be proud. After nearly being eliminated completely from the tournament, they beat Egypt handily. THEN they shocked the world #1 team, Spain to make it to the final game for the first time ever in this tournament. Then they were up 2-0 on Brazil...before ultimately losing 2-3. Still, it was a nice afternoon with the boy.





This evening, I've been fighting with Quicken. I've never used it before and didn't realize how long it would take to set up. Needless to say, I didn't finish it. But I will...before the weekend. I figure now that I have college costs to cover, I should be a little more disciplined with my budget. Not to mention, I got our first bill from Jeff's kidney stone trauma. Jasper Memorial, where Jeff only spent 8 hours (though part of that was out-patient surgery) billed me for $3,200. That's AFTER my insurance covered $11,000 AND the bill was adjusted down by $1,200. {sigh} So, add another monthly payment to my budget. And I haven't even gotten the bill from Daviess County, where Jeff had ER services and spent three nights...and had LOTS of drugs. Ugh! Oh, well. Such is life.

Late tonight, I had a serious conversation with an old friend from Colorado. He's never been to a church service before and it struggling with lots of things right now. His sister gave him a bible just a few days ago. He's opened it twice in the last two days and felt like both passages were speaking to him. He doesn't know if he believes in God or not, but I told him to keep reading. Every day. And before he reads, just pray, "God, if You're out there, speak to me." I'm asking my readers to pray for my friend. That God speaks to him and that he listens. Thanks!


No comments: