Saturday, June 20, 2009

What's in a name?


In the Project Management course that I was taking online, there were several scenarios. In fact, the whole course was laid out that way. The person taking the course was the newly hired project manager. He/she (in this case me) was hired in to learn the company's way of managing projects, following an industry standard, and then would pass along that knowledge to others.


Needless to say, it takes several people to get a project done. Whereas it take a village to raise a child, it takes a cohesive, hard-working, efficient, driven, knowledgeable, and professionally diverse team to complete a project. This is the team I had...


Company President: Will deWitt (we'll do it)
Assistant Project Manager: Roger Gaines (the yes man trying to get ahead?)
Administrative Assistant: Carrie Ade
Engineering Subject Matter Expert: JD Wiseman
Scheduling: Ima Tasker (I wonder if that's her married name.)
Product Testing: Diana Lemon (the goal in product testing is to see if you can break the product...any way you can. If a tester isn't finding the lemons, they're not doing their job very well.)
Construction: Barry Armstrong (who needs brains when you have brawn)
Heavy Equipment Operator: Dugger Crane
Accounting and Finance Representative: Buck Riches
Legal Representative: Justin Case
Sales: Mary Sellers (I guess it's better than merry maids.)
Marketing: Mark Goodwin
Transportation: Auto VanMeter
Documentation: Paige Turner (I thought that one was kinda cute.)


I think my team was probably disappointed that my name was just Leslie Doyle.


No comments: