Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Beachbody Ultimate Reset, Day 12


FIRST THING
Okay, my rant from my Day 11 post was actually written the morning of Day 12.  And I even entered my Day 12 weight instead of my Day 11 weight.  I have corrected my weight on my Day 11 post.  I actually lost 0.2 lbs.  It was the morning of Day 12 (today!) that I had a gain.

So today, Day 12, I skipped breakfast, which I mentioned in yesterday's post.  And I went to lunch with friends for a Relay for Life meeting.  And I decided HOURS before I went that I was going to enjoy it.  And I did!  I didn't go too haywire...no beverage during my meal, no dessert, nothing deep-fried.  But I can't tell you how much better I felt after that little lunch outing.

One thing that I'm really upset about with this whole Reset is that I feel like I blindly took a break from the progress I was making in my running.  I mean, I ran my very first 5k on June 30th and then completely stopped my training one week later.  Outside of short walks, I've done ZERO exercising in 12 days!  And I'm starting to feel it.  And I hate it.  I have a lot of work to do before my 2nd 5k in September.  I just can't stop smacking my head and saying, "What the heck were you thinking?!"  I'm just so frustrated with myself.

But I'm more than half way through the Reset, so I'd just as soon not stop now.  Sure I totally blew the diet today, but I'm calling it a speed-bump.  Still makes me wonder though, why I feel SO MUCH BETTER after cheating on my diet.  I think it's safe to say my body was definitely missing something!  Then again, it could all be in my head.

Detox supplement - 14 down, 7 to go.  Reset - nearly 12 days down, only 9 to go.  NINE!!!

HOW I FEEL
Frustrated.  Somewhat wiped out.  Still Concerned about my fitness level.  I mean let's be real...I still weigh more than 200 lbs.  Why on earth would I volunteer to do something that put a complete halt to the fitness program that was working for me.  I've told at least three people this week that they should "stick with what they'll stick with" when it comes to working out.  I should have taken my own advice!  I was doing so well with the walking/running thing. Why rock the boat?!  I just hope it's not as hard to get back on that track when I finally can again.

TODAY'S MENU
Breakfast:  nothing, totally skipped this meal out of frustration

Lunch:  totally cheated!  I had a baked chicken thigh, mashed potatoes with no gravy, green beans, and a salad.  It was lovely!
Dinner:  quinoa stir fry with zucchini, yellow bell pepper, grape tomatoes, and white onion...colorful, huh?

WEIGHT
This morning's weigh-in: 210.4
That's a 0.6 lb gain, putting me down 7.4 lbs total.

BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURE



INTERESTED?
If you are interested in trying any of these programs or learning more about them, you can check them out...Beachbody fitness programs, Shakeology, Ultimate Reset.

No comments: