Thursday, July 12, 2012

Beachbody Ultimate Reset, Day 5


FIRST THING
I should have typed this up at the end of Wednesday.  But I thought I was tired and went to bed by 10pm (after being out until 9:30).  I was wrong apparently because I laid in my bed just waiting to fall asleep for nearly two hours.  I wasn't frustrated that I couldn't fall asleep necessarily.  But I kept thinking, "should I just get up and be productive or should I keep lying here waiting to fall asleep?"

HOW I FEEL
I felt GREAT all day long!  After not getting all my water in on Tuesday, I vowed to do that on Wednesday.  Mission accomplished!  14 cups of water, all consumed by 8pm.  AND it didn't feel like a chore.

Honestly... I think my skin looks better.  I think my hair feels thicker.  My sense of smell is heightened.  I feel more relaxed than I normally am.  I have more energy.  My mood is better.  I just have this overall really good feeling.  And the fact that I'm dropping weight and my clothes are fitting better is an added bonus!

THE PHASES
Right now I'm in Phase 1.  It's the first week of the Ultimate Reset.  It's called Reclaim.  The second Phase is called Release.  The third phase is called Restore.  Here's some information about each of the phases that I pulled directly from the Ultimately Reset website.
  • RECLAIM - During these first seven days you'll begin to alter your diet, slowly removing foods like red meat and dairy that put stress on your digestive system and tilt your body toward an acidic state. You'll also be introduced to four of the six supplements that make up the Ultimate Reset™ protocol—Alkalinize, Oxygenize, Mineralize, and Optimize.  You'll rehydrate your body (most of us are living in a slightly dehydrated state) and reactivate sluggish cell function, along with shifting your body's pH (level of acidity) back toward a healthier, alkaline state, and away from any excess acidity that can weaken your body's functions.  Once your body has been primed, balanced, and strengthened on a cellular level, it will be primed to continue the process of releasing accumulated toxins.
  • RELEASE - In Week Two, you'll continue to refine your diet. You'll have stopped eating animal proteins and dairy and you'll be eating vegetarian meals.  You'll also be adding the next element in the Beachbody Ultimate Reset™ protocol: Detox. This supplement will help restore optimum health to your entire gastrointestinal tract, while detoxifying your body through improved bowel movements.  Although the Ultimate Reset is gentle, you may find you're releasing toxic substances from more than just your digestive tract. Some people experience skin breakouts, while others find themselves releasing toxic emotions or dropping negative habits they've been holding on to. After the freeing experience of a strong release phase, you'll now be ready to restore your body to ultimate health.
  • RESTORE - Hopefully, your first two weeks on the Beachbody Ultimate Reset have already had profoundly positive effects on your body. You've stepped out of your comfort zone in learning to think about food in a new way, eating and shopping for ingredients you may never have heard of before, and introduced new supplements into your daily regime.  During this final phase, you'll adjust your diet once again. You'll be cutting back further on grains and consuming mainly fruits and vegetables—for fiber and further alkalinization, and to provide your body with pure, whole foods that are of high nutritional value and are easily absorbed. Right now, that may sound tough . . . but once you've tuned up your body, the food you do eat will satisfy you more (you'll find that fruit literally tastes like candy to you!)  You'll also be introduced to your final supplement— called Revitalize—during this phase, which will restore healthy bacteria to your freshly scrubbed digestive tract (this is very important, and often neglected in cleanse programs).

TODAY'S MENU
Google pix again!  I'm getting a bit lazy for breakfast and relying on the Shakeology.  Thankfully it's a healthy (and allowed) alternative this week.  Not so much next week!  Actually, perhaps I'm getting lazy about the whole diet.  I'm eating things that are allowed, but I'm finding myself sticking with what I know and enjoy.  I was explaining it to a friend of mine...I find more pleasure and benefit in making and enjoying a meal that I learned how to make last night instead of figuring out how to make another new meal that I may or may not like.  And it doesn't seem to be hurting my overall results, so I'm not about to start beating myself up for it.  The fact is, I can totally see these meals being part of every week I eat for the rest of my life...more so than a lentil lime salad or anything with tempeh or seaweed as a primary ingredient.  I'm just sayin'...

Breakfast:  Tropical Strawberry Shakeology with frozen strawberries

Lunch:  microgreen salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, yellow bell pepper, avocado, and vinaigrette

Dinner:  stir fry veggies (mostly zucchini, onion, green bell pepper, and tomato) with quinoa


WEIGHT
This morning's weigh-in: 211.6
No change from yesterday.  Probably due to being so far under on my water on Tuesday and forgetting my Alkalinize.

INTERESTED?
If you are interested in trying any of these programs or learning more about them, you can check them out...Beachbody fitness programs, Shakeology, Ultimate Reset.

No comments: