Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Beachbody Ultimate Reset, Day 3



FIRST THING
I realize this one is late.  Yesterday was not my best day.  According to the documentation I received and the comments of others taking this challenge, Days 3 - 5 can be difficult.  Apparently that's when our bodies really start emitting toxins.  Some people will feel flu-like symptoms.  Some will get emotional and weepy.  Some will get very tired.

Yesterday, I crashed around 3pm.  I couldn't hold a thought in my head...and I didn't even care!  I was annoyed, irritated...maybe even a bit angry.  There wasn't anything in particular that set me off.  I just...WAS.  Once I got home from work, I made dinner and went to bed by 7:30pm.  I woke up at 4am...and I was still a little annoyed.  So, I went right back to bed...and didn't wake up until nearly 8am.  But I felt SO.MUCH.BETTER!

HOW I FEEL
Okay, so I already covered this.  I should mention, I slept well Sunday night.  And my day was going really well until about 3pm.  I figure it could be one of three things...perhaps I'm simply PMSing...or perhaps I needed calories and was simply hungry...or perhaps my body is releasing toxins and that's how I manifested that release.

I also have a supplement that I take half way through the afternoon.  I'm curious if that was the culprit.  Speaking of supplements...

SUPPLEMENTS
In addition to the somewhat stringent menu and the boat-load of water I'm drinking, I am taking four different supplements during this first phase (the first week).
  • Mineralize - "contains pure crystal salt, minimally processed and containing up to 84 natural minerals and elements. These elements, needed by the human body, promote stable pH, aid with the absorption of food particles through the digestive tract, regulate water content throughout the body, prevent muscle cramps, and help support cellular function."  It looks much like tiny rock salt and is mixed with all of the water I drink in a day.  I also use it as a seasoning for some of my meals.
  • Optimize - "is a proprietary blend of systemic enzymes that helps turn back the clock and restore your body to its full function. Added camu camu herb provides vitamin C, flavonoids, and amino acids to help promote an optimal immune response, and can help manage your body's natural inflammatory response."  I take two capsules 30 minutes before each meal.
  • Oxygenize - "an excellent source of supplemental oxygen, and is pH-balanced to be optimally available to your system, helping your body detoxify and develop a strong immune system."  This comes in a little squeeze bottle and I just squeeze 12-15 drops directly onto my tongue 30 minutes before each meal.
  • Alkalinize - "helps bring your body back to a healthy pH balance. It helps neutralize excess acid, improving alkalinity and supporting your immune system. For maximum health, our blood should be slightly alkaline. High acidity levels may lead to adverse reactions and a compromised immune and digestive system, making your body more vulnerable to viruses, bacteria, congestion, inflammation, and disease."  This packet of dark green powder is mixed with 3-6oz of water.  It tastes like grass.  I've been able to get it down okay, but it's not very popular with most Resetters.
***I pulled this information directly from the Ultimate Reset website.***

TODAY'S MENU
Google pictures, of course.  And I should tell you, I cheated for dinner last night.  I still ate a meal that's part of the Reset, but I repeated my breakfast instead of eating what I'd planned to have for dinner.  At that point, breakfast was the best part of my day, so I fixed it for dinner too.  I know, shame on me!

Breakfast:  2 scrambled eggs, 2 slices of whole grain toast, and steamed spinach (Again, I ate it like a sandwich.)

Lunch:  stir-fry vegetables with quinoa and a cucumber and tomato salad

Dinner:  2 scrambled eggs with garlic, onion, red bell peppers, and steamed spinach
WEIGHT
Yesterday morning's weigh-in:  213.2
That's another 2 lb loss, putting me down 4.6 lbs.  Wow!

INTERESTED?
If you are interested in trying any of these programs or learning more about them, you can check them out...Beachbody fitness programs, Shakeology, Ultimate Reset.

No comments: