Sunday, July 15, 2012

Beachbody Ultimate Reset, Day 8


FIRST THING
I finished the Reclaim phase yesterday and started the Release phase today.  Woohoo!  I feel a sense of accomplishment!  I mean really, I've never been a good drinker, yet I've done pretty well at drinking nearly a gallon of water every day.  I've never been much in the kitchen, but I've really enjoyed making my own meals...mostly.  It's been work, but I'm definitely seeing results.  And I know there are lots of positive results that aren't even visible to the eye.

As for today, I had another good day.  Slept in.  Went shopping for fruits and veggies for the first few days' menus.  I guess I didn't get much accomplished outside of grocery shopping and going to church.  It was a nice relaxing day.

HOW I FEEL
Honestly though, I feel great knowing that I've made it through the first phase and only have two weeks to go.  And it's the weekend.  And I enjoyed today's menu.  So yeah, I'm feeling pretty good!

SUPPLEMENTS
So last week I described the supplements that I took during the first week.  There is one change to the supplements during the second week.  I'm still taking the Mineralize (Himalayan pink salt) with all water that I drink.  I'm still taking two Optimize capsules 30 minutes before each meal.  I'm still ingesting 12-15 drops of the Oxygenize.  And I'm still taking the Alkalinize (dark green powder dissolved in 3-6 oz of water) every afternoon.  In addition, I've started taking...
  • Detox - "a detoxifying clay that draws toxic compounds from the gastrointestinal tract, and our proprietary herb blend restores your system to optimal digestive health."  Okay, I've gotten used to the Alkinilize and it doesn't really bother me anymore to take it.  The Detox may be a different story.  It's a little sweeter, so the taste isn't all that bad.  But it has a strange texture, like drinking seed floating in water.  And worse, I have to take it THREE TIMES each day for the next seven days...30 minutes before each meal, along with the Optimize and Oxygenize.  Ugh!  So, the Detox will do exactly what you'd expect it to do...clean out the colon and the rest of the gastrointestinal tract.  But it actually releases toxins in lots of ways.  Everything from additional phlegm, bad breath, and pimples to being emotional.  (I'm not looking forward to that last one!)  Pretty much, my body will find any number of ways to release toxins from the inside.  Lucky for me, this phase is only seven days long.  Detox - 3 down, 18 to go!

TODAY'S MENU
Google pix again.  Breakfast was super easy...and delicious!  Lunch was super easy...also delicious!  Dinner wasn't as easy, but still, pretty delicious!

Breakfast:  fruit plate of water melon, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, kiwi, and apple

Lunch:  microgreen salad of baby greens and spinach, Roma tomatoes, bell pepper, avocado, and vinaigrette

Dinner:  pinto beans and brown rice, steamed string beans, and steamed zucchini

WEIGHT
This morning's weigh-in: 209.6
That's a 0.6 lb gain, putting me down 8.2 lbs total.  That's my first gain in over a week.  No worries!

The Ultimate Reset is a total body reset from the inside out.  People tend to drop weight during the Reset, mostly due to holding onto water weight and such.  But more importantly, it'll help me more properly process the better foods that I'll eat now and in the future...making every workout a little more effective than the one before it.  THAT is what I'm looking forward to the most! 

BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURE
I thought I'd start including a before and after shot of folks who have already completed the Reset.  Nice motivation for me.  And I thought you might like to see them too.  Not mine, of course.  Google again.

INTERESTED?
If you are interested in trying any of these programs or learning more about them, you can check them out...Beachbody fitness programs, Shakeology, Ultimate Reset.

No comments: