Sunday, July 8, 2012

Beachbody Ultimate Reset, Day 2



FIRST THING
Yesterday morning when I weighed myself, I weighed 217.8...which was a gain for me...since I hadn't been drinking my water and was somewhat indulging myself prior to my Reset.  This morning when I weighed myself, 215.2.  Wow, down 2.6 lbs in one day.  Granted, I'm sure it was all water weight, but still...pretty cool!

HOW I FEEL
Yesterday I felt great all day long.  Outside of feeling a bit tied to my schedule, I felt like I could do anything.  Today, I didn't want to get out of bed.  I was sleeping so well...and I was still tired.  I went to mass at 10am, as I was the song leader.  But as soon as I got home, I went down for a nap for TWO HOURS!  I slept until about 1:30pm.  This put me well behind on my water drinking and my meals.  I also had a headache much of the morning.

As I mentioned, I feel somewhat tied to the schedule.  It goes something like this...
  • drink 8-12 oz of water
  • take supplements
  • wait 30 minutes (stop drinking water)
  • eat breakfast (with no water)
  • wait at least two hours (while drinking water)
  • drink 8-12 oz of water
  • take supplements
  • wait 30 minutes (stop drinking water)
  • eat snack (OPTIONAL)
  • wait at least two hours (while drinking water)
  • drink 8-12 oz of water
  • take supplements
  • wait 30 minutes (stop drinking water)
  • eat dinner
  • finish drinking water
So every meal takes more than an hour...or so it seems.  So far I've been able to deal with it.  But when I slept until 1:30, I got behind on my water...and lunch...and my afternoon supplements...and eventually dinner.  But I'll get it all to fit.  I'm anxious to see how this all works once I go back to the office.

TODAY'S MENU
Again, I pulled these photos from Google Images.  Mine weren't nearly as pretty.  Also, I swapped my Lunch and Dinner meals from what was listed on the Reset menu guide.  I'm having dinner with a friend and figured a salad with grilled chicken would be easier to find in a restaurant than the meal with quinoa.

Breakfast:  two scrambled eggs, two pieces of whole grain toast, steamed spinach  (I ate mine like a sandwich.)

Lunch:  cucumber and tomato salad, stir-fry vegetables, quinoa

Dinner:  Greek salad with grilled chicken and vinaigrette

I wasn't sure what to expect with the quinoa (pronounced keen-wa).  But I actually enjoyed it.  And it really brought out the taste of the vegetables.  I'll definitely keep some of that in my cupboard.  And my evening salad was more of a grilled chicken salad than a Greek salad.  Today's menu was really very tasty.

WEIGHT
This morning's weigh-in:  215.2
That's a loss of 2.6 lbs.  But I figure much of it was water weight since I'm drinking so darn much water right now.  Still, it was good to see that I'm back to where I was a week ago.


INTERESTED?
If you are interested in trying any of these programs or learning more about them, you can check them out...Beachbody fitness programs, Shakeology, Ultimate Reset.

No comments: